Dandelion Time is committed to protecting your privacy and personal Information.
This statement is made in light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 in order to alert valued supporters to Dandelion Time data processing practices which govern the processing of your data (personal information).
We DO NOT share, swap or sell your details with any Company, Charity or other third party for their marketing purposes.
If you have any queries about this statement please email email@example.com or telephone on 01622814001.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Dandelion Time, Elmscroft, Charlton Lane, West Farleigh , Maidstone, Kent ME15 0NY
1. How we collect information:
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- DIRECTLY – You may give us your information in order to sign up for one of our events, tell us your story, make a donation, purchase our products or communicate with us. We will collect personal information from you when you enquire about our activities, register with us, make a donation to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- Information available PUBLICLY – We may combine information you provide to us with information available from external sources in order to gain a better understanding of our supporters. This may include information found in places such as Companies House and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
2. What information we collect:
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
Information that you submit in a registration or enquiry form is stored on a secure server. We also use encryption and a secure server when you make a donation via our website. However, the transmission of information over the Internet is never 100% secure so while we try to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee the security of any information you submit to us via our website.
We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we receive is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. All access to our secure server is restricted only to authorised staff.
3. Supporters and volunteers:
If you support us, for example make a donation, volunteer, register to fundraise, sign up for an event or buy something from our shop, engage with our social media, we will usually collect:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your communication preferences
- Your bank or credit card details
- As the contact name for an organisation
Where it is appropriate we may also ask for:
- Date of Birth
- Information relating to your health (for example if you are taking part in a high risk event)
- Why you have decided to support us. We will never make this question mandatory, and only want to know the answer if you are comfortable telling us.
4. How we may use the information we collect:
- To provide you with the services, products or information you asked for
- To process your donation or to support your fundraising, including processing gift aid
- To ask you to help us raise money, or to donate through our appeals
- To provide you with information about our work and activities or to send you materials that you have asked for or invite you to participate in a survey
- To send you items you have ordered through our shop
- To invite you to events
- To keep a record of your relationship with us
- To ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
- For internal record keeping, such as the management of feedback or complaints
- Where it is required or authorised by law
We will use your personal information for our own marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can opt out of receiving any marketing materials at anytime by contacting the charity firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. How do we protect personal information:
We use a secure server when you make a donation via our website. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and hnkept only for so long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is used.
6. Payments and Credit/Debit Card Information:
If you use your credit or debit card to donate to us, buy something or pay online or over the phone, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
We do not store your credit or debit card details at all, following the completion of your transaction. All card details and validation codes are securely destroyed on the payment or donation has been processed. Only those staff and third parties authorised to process payments will be able to see your card details.
7. Your consent:
By providing us with your personal data, including sensitive personal data such as on your health, you consent to the collection and use of any information you provide in accordance with the above purposes and this privacy statement.
8. Accuracy of your Information
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. If any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate and either you advise us or we become aware from public available sources, such as The Royal Mail change of address, we will ensure it is amended and updated as soon as possible.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us email@example.com or Dandelion Time, Elmscroft, Charlton Lane, Maidstone ME15 0NY.
9. Our website and ‘cookies’:
‘Cookies’ are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. We will also gather general information regarding the use of our website, such as which pages are visited most frequently. Only anonymous information and statistics will be used which do not identify individual visitors. This information helps us improve the services and information we offer on our website. We may use service providers to help us collect and analyse this information.
10. Social Media
Dandelion time is not responsible for the collection and practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or any social media platform provider. Any personal information you disclose to other organisations through our social media pages and icons on our website is not our responsibility.
- Data Protection and Your Rights
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information we hold about you;
- update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong;
- change your communication preferences at any time;
- ask us to remove your personal information from our records;
- object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes; or
- raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or Dandelion Time, Elmscroft, Charlton Lane, Maidstone ME15 0NY.
- Legal Compliance
Dandelion Time may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or in response to a court order or. In exceptional circumstances, where we think someone is at serious risk of being harmed, we may contact the police or a local authority safeguarding team.
Our website may include links to websites run by other organisations. Dandelion Time is not responsible for the privacy practices of other organisations’ websites so you should read their privacy policies carefully.
15. Changes to the Policy
Dandelion Time reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. The most up to date version will be always be available on our website so please check from time to time, continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted any changes.
16. Images and Videos across our platforms