Dandelion Create Time
Get creative with our Arts, Crafts & Baking videos!
This is an unusual and uncertain time for many of us. It’s only expected that our children and young people might be feeling a little more anxious during these tricky times. Nature & Craft based activities can be key to keeping our children feeling relaxed, grounded and most importantly, occupied!
Dandelion Create Time | Banana Bread (Vegan)Looking for something fun to do as a family whilst you are at home? Why not have a go at making this tasty vegan Banana Bread?
Here is the recipe 🙂
• 2 large bananas
• 100g brown sugar
• 75ml vegetable oil
• 225g plain flour
• 1 tbsp baking powder
• 1 tbsp cinnamon
• 50g oats
1. Mash bananas
2. Add vegetable oil, cinnamon, oats and sugar
3. Mix well
4. Add flour and baking powder
5. Combine well
6. Tip into a greased loaf tin
7. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes
Dandelion Create Time | Carding WoolHow we card wool at Dandelion Time for use in craft activities
Dandelion Create Time | Carrot CakeLooking for something fun to do as a family whilst you are at home? Why not have a go at making this tasty carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Recipe
• 2 large eggs
• 200g granulated sugar
• 50g grated carrots
• 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
• 150g flour
• 1 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 65g chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Grease and flour a cake tin
2. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
3. Beat eggs in a bowl
4. Add carrots and oil, mix well
5. Add remaining ingredients, mix
6. Pout into tin and bake for about 60 minutes
7. Allow to cool
Cream cheese icing
• 180g full fat soft cheese
• 150g icing sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Beat all ingredients together to make a smooth cream. Spread on top of the cake and cut into squares
Dandelion Create Time | Wool BallLooking for something fun to do as a family whilst you are at home? Why not have a go at making these fun wool balls.
Dandelion Create Time | SconesLooking for something fun to do as a family whilst you are at home? Why not have a go at making our delicious scones!
• 250g self-raising flour
• good pinch of salt
• 50g caster sugar
• 50g unsalted butter, chilled and diced
• 1 medium egg
• 100ml milk
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°C
2. Mix self-raising flour, salt and sugar
3. Add butter and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs
4. Make a well in the centre and add the beaten eggs and milk
5. This will make a soft, lightly sticky dough
6. Roll out to ¾ inch thick
7. Cut rounds with a 3 inch cookie cutter or use a glass
8. Brush with milk
9. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown
Dandelion Create Time | Easy White BreadLooking for something fun to do as a family whilst you are at home? Why not have a go at making our Easy White Bread!
Easy White Bread Recipe
• 550g Strong Bread Flour
• 20g Easy Bake yeast
• 350ml Warm Water
• 20g Salt
1. Place the flour and yeast into a bowl and mix together using your hand.
2. Add the water to the flour and bring the dough together. Add the salt and work into the dough. Don't worry if the dough is very sticky and wet the kneading process will bring it together.
3. Lightly flour a work surface and empty the dough out of the bowl.
4. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
5. Roll into a ball, sprinkle flour into your bowl and place the bread inside. Cover with cling film and leave at room temperature to double in size.
6. Lightly flour your work surface and knead 3 more times.
7. Roll the dough into a ball, divide into two and shape as required. Make a couple of cuts in the tops.
8. Place the dough onto a floured baking tray and allow it to rise again.
9. Place the tray in a preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes at 220°C then turn the oven down to 180°C and bake for a further 15 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. The bottom should sound hollow when tapped.